Saturday 20 June 2009

New job

So I started my new job on Thursday, as Senior Merchandise Manager non-food for Woolworths. I am based in their support centre in Baulkham Hills which is to the north west of the city. It's about a 35 - 40 minute drive from Balmain depending on the route I take. The office building is huge - about 3500 people work there - Woolworths are Australia's second biggest employer. It's an impressive facility with 2 cafes, a supermarket, a gym - all of which are well used. I spent my first 2 days meeting the other members of my team and getting to know my way round the building, as well as my way to / from work. Before leaving the UK we downloaded a map of Oz for our sat nav - it has been a godsend. Especially Thursday night, when the torrential rain meant that it was quite a tricky drive back. The first 2 days must have been good as I am planning to go back there on Monday......

No comments:

Post a Comment